Sunday, March 7, 2010

Silent Auction - wine extravaganza!!

And the winner is.....
Waiting to hear who won the wine raffle....
The raffle prizes were these huge bottles of Ravenswood Zinfindal, donated by my friend Brian and Southern Wine and Spirits.
The auction table.... scarves, bags, puzzles, necklaces, coffees, prints etc.
Shandell and Wendy watching my movie of Ethiopia.. which considering I had one day to complete it due to technical difficulties, turned out pretty good.
Enjoying some wine and catching up.. thanks for taking pictures Pat.
Picking a winner!!!


Last night was my one and only silent auction and wine event for this summer's Ethiopian activities. Last year I brought back a bunch of items from Ethiopia that I have been saving just for this purpose. My old friend from high school, Brian Bollow offered to donate wine for the event and my dear friends Pat and Silvia offered up their beautiful house in Oak Park for the night.

It was an amazing evening with wonderful old and new friends attending, drinking lots of wine, eating yummy desserts and learning about the places I've worked with in Ethiopia and the ones I plan to work with this summer.

It was a great success-- a slightly smaller crowd than hoped for, but a wonderfully fun and generous crowd. Financially it was pretty darn successful and I look forward to being able to use this money to good use this summer!!!!

Thank you so much if you came-- it really meant a lot to me.. and I'll admit at about 7:15-- I was beginning to think Silvia and I were going to have to drink an awful lot of wine.. :)

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Sounds like fun! Glad it was a success! Love that last picture of you...so pretty!