Thursday, July 9, 2009

Sholla part TWO

Since our trip got postponed, we headed to Sholla Saturday morning. I needed to give the kids the books from our book fair I forgot last time and wanted to read some of the penpal letters from 207. The kids were watching this really bad movie about an American girl who goes to a UK boarding school. The special project manager sat down with us and
the girl who does hygeine. We came up with a list of supplies and then she took me to a small market and a stall and I purchased two big boxes of laundry detergeant, 6 jars of vaseline, 10 bottles of hair
oil and 9 combs. We came back, I shared my pictures of the Goodwin kids, read a book, and read some of the letters. The kids raised their hands and answered questions about what they wanted to be when they
grow up, what they wanted our kids to know about Ethiopia, what books they like and what fruit they eat. They were an excellent audience. As I was leaving, this beautiful, smart little girl asked for my email
and gave me hers. I am so excited to have my kids write to her. The kids followed us out and walked us to the mini bus. I may come back with more hygeine supplies if I have time. I love the Sholla Children's Library and Ethiopia Reads!!!!!

No comments: