Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Going Away!!



AHOPE does a really nice going away party. Jen and I had ours together the night before she left. Abebe and Galila spoke about our volunteer work and one of the older boys had the kids sing. Then we each had to say at least 20 words in Amharic. The kids were so nice and tried to help me but they just made me forget the ones I already had in my head. I can't believe I forgot wolfram... it's my favorite word!!! Then we each got to speak, I couldn't get out all I wanted to. We got cards from the kids and scarves from AHOPE and Charlene. We ate food and hung out, it was a good party.
A soon to be family, keep in your thoughts.
Two of the older girls, have a referral placement. Well, the younger sister had an appendicitis and went in to have her appendix removed and there were complications and she lapsed into a coma. Thankfully, her soon to be adoptive mother was contacted and she flew out about a week after surgery. She stayed at our guest house. Our little girl is
doing better but still has a long way to go and she cannot go home with her mom until at least September due to the new TB test regulations. So, her mom who is amazing and I am so glad I got to meet, had to go home last week and just has to wait. Tigist, our nurse
reports that they are supposed to start physio and hopefully she will be able to be transferred to a hospital that can do more rehab. Her big sister is really being a trooper but it is scary and I want everyone to keep her in their thoughts.

2 comments:

kjones said...

Sounds like a great end to a life enriching experience. Dad & Mom

Nikki said...

Oh my gosh, I hope she is doing okay soon.

How are the sisters Kidist and Yordanos doing?? They were my favourites back when I went in Feb.!

ncochrane3@hotmail.com