Thursday, August 6, 2009

Coffee Ceremony



Nobody can say that there is no hospitality in Ethiopia. Selam threw a beautiful coffee ceremony on Tuesday of our last week. It starts with fresh grass and flowers on the floor and Selam sitting on a little stool next to a charcoal stove. She grilled and boiled corn on the cob for us which was delicious, made popcorn and then began making coffee. We had just had our first cup(you have several) when Ninacachu(the AHOPE driver) stopped by and he had Sr. Minor(AHOPE nurse) and a bunch of our teen girls with him. They came in for coffee and let me tell you Big Sister(from my earlier post) is quite the hostess!!! Then they left and Samy, my favorite guard had tea while we had another cup of coffee. It was so beautiful and Selam gave us gorgeous scarves- I love mine, I wore it to take Jen to the airport that night.

No comments: