Thursday, December 10, 2009

Bad Day in Bedrock... and a surprise in the mail!!

So today was not a good day... the last two weeks before the holiday break are always difficult. I do a large community outreach project to help get gifts for many of our students... and the organization is enough to send you over the edge. Then today, I had a little girl who spent an hour running around the school from us and we eventually ended up on the floor. Then to end the day, another student started picking up chairs, banging them on the file cabinets and systematically destroying his classroom and throwing it at me and his teacher... which led to an extra hour of paperwork and then my little Neon which I just got back last night decided it was no longer going to tell me how much gas I have or what speed I'm going...

So as we say at school, it was a bad day in Bedrock. But when I got my mail, I had the nicest surprise-- a handwritten letter in snail mail from a young lady who I met this summer, who is now adopted and living in the states!!!! She told me about her pets, and siblings and that she got an American Girl doll for her birthday-- how fantastic is that??? Oh and she is reading Swiss Family Robinson. Her English writing is awesome and I can't wait to write her back-- and send her some of my favorite books. What a treat to hear from her.. it really made me smile-- I stood by her bed this summer and she showed me pictures of her new family and I told her that I would keep in touch with her in America, and I am so happy that I get to do that.

So maybe tomorrow will be a better day, keep your fingers crossed.

No comments: