Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Crafts... HELP!!!

Hi,
I'm looking for craft ideas to take with me to Ethiopia.. This is one of the crafts I did last summer.. but since I didn't know that I should bring crafts.. I ended up spending many nights by candle light cutting out spider legs etc... So, my plan this year is to come prepared. So, if you have simple craft ideas... please pass them on to me.. along with a list of what supplies I'll need..

And if you are able-- I would be thrilled if anyone was able to put together craft kits for the kids.. if there is an age group you think you can do this for, email me and I'll let you know how many kids are in that age group... One of my friends is having her daughter's Daisy troop make up some kits for a badge project...

6 comments:

sko3 said...

I don't know crafts for poopoo but my 12 year old niece is CRAZY about making friendship bracelets with embroidery floss, which would be light to transport and probably a lot of fun for the older girls and maybe boys, too.

Tiffany said...

Does she have directions??? I'm horrible at those!!!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Look what I found Tiff - directions for the barrettes!

http://web.archive.org/web/20051225200433/http://www.wrights.com/class/kidscrafts/braidbarrett/braidbarrett.htm

-Trish

Perlukah? said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jill White said...

This may be too simple but the little ones could make "necklaces" out of little loops of construction paper that they link together like a chain. Craft kits would be easy - just cutting up strips of paper and throwing a glue stick into each one. I would be happy to make some kits if you are interested in that idea. You could expand the links into bigger class-wide things too - like having the kids work together to make a chain that is long enough to reach from one wall to the other and each link of the chain could represent something that makes the children happy, something they are proud of, etc. You could really do a million different things with it.