Sunday, November 23, 2008

Barefoot Books and my kids at school!




Last Thursday, my friend Claire and I hosted a Barefoot Books party. If you've never seen the books, they are super cute, full of multi-cultural and diverse children and teach about all kinds of places. They are reasonable and well-made. I think everyone had a good time and it was great to see many of my friends who I don't get to see enough.

I got some new books on Africa as well as a wonderful CD-- called Putumayo Kids Presents African Playground. I love it!!! It is full of songs from Kenya, South Africa, Ethiopia and the Congo amongst other countries in Africa. I played it in one of my third grade classes while we worked on our diversity activity packets. The kids loved the music and I found it so happy and uplifting.

No comments: