Thursday, November 27, 2008

What are you thankful for?


Hi Friends,

Today, on our American Thanksgiving(as opposed to my mom's Canadian Thanksgiving last month),what are you thankful for?
I'm thankful for:
My family and friends,copious amounts of coffee and wine at dinner
a five day weekend,the ability to travel -- especially my upcoming trip to Addis Ababa, all the books I have sitting in my bedroom begging to be read
and the fact that I live in a place where as a single woman, I can vote, speak up,own my own home, have the job I want and am able to support myself. It is amazing that if I were born in many other places, I would not be able to do these things as a woman and that makes me sad.
Have a very happy Thanksgiving!!!!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Hope your thanksgiving was good! we're thankful that you are going to work at AHOPE and you're going to make a difference!