Monday, January 25, 2010

Yes... I still believe.....

So a couple of weeks ago, a very dear, old friend of mine was joking about why we were not going to end up together-- now there is of course the fact that he hunts animals, hates the city, and likes to spend days watching the Steelers. But the biggest drawback is that he refuses to leave the country.. despite attending a friend's out of country wedding a year ago(where by all accounts, he had a blast)--- he insists that he is never leaving again. So he asked me, "Are you seriously still holding out that someone will go on these trips with you?" and I said, "yes." His reply, "was how many years have you been looking for that...?"--- hmm... "you've been graduated for 12 years Tiff and still haven't found it." Okay... good point, but yes, I still want that... I want someone who will travel with me to experience all the cool and amazing things that come with international travel. Yes, I realize that they may not be able to go to all the places I can or have the same time off as me.. but hopefully can for some of it. And I'm willing to hold out for it.. and truthfully if I'm really honest, I'd love to find someone who would also be interested in global affairs and volunteer tourism--- maybe a stretch..... but yes dear friend, I still believe.

1 comment:

Andrea Hill said...

This post just cracked me up. I love the country and my husband is a Steelers fan. Well I guess he better be since he is from Pittsburgh. Thanks for giving me the link to your blog. I will read some more tomorrow.