Saturday, March 14, 2009

Wine For Ethiopian Food



My principal cut an article out of the Tribune for me!!
It is all about finding the right wine for Ethiopian spice.

These are their suggestions:

2007 Mulderbosch Chenin Blanc
"This South African white had a brilliant light yellow color, a jazzy herbal nose and a mouthwatering crispness. The richness of the doro wot cut the wine's tartness while the wine made the stew taste spicer."

2006 Yangarra Grenache McLaren Vale Old Vine
"This big Australian red had a nose of eucalyptus and smoke. The flavor offered lots of black cherry fruit and a touch of mint. The wine and the doro wot balanced each other well; the wine's flavor lingered on the plate."

I am going to go to Binny's and Sam's and look for these for when I attempt to make Ethiopian food for an upcoming dinner party.

Tomorrow, a group is off to the Ethiopian Diamond to try their vegetarian platter!!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I really wish I could come-- the food there is amazing & its been awhile since we've been there. You should also try Demera on lawrence & broadway-- outstanding!