Monday, November 23, 2009

Neighbors.....



Each day when we would walk to Little A(which I've just found out has moved...hopefully I will have details of the new compound soon), we would pass two moms and their babies, sitting by the side of the road. I'm thinking about these two moms because recently I have been getting stalked by the men at the side of the road who try to "clean" your windshield with questionable liquid, despite you shaking your head no and have been stopped on the L with several very questionable stories always ending in asking me for money.

These moms never once asked me for anything. They would sometimes say "Selam" and sometimes have their babies wave hello, but they never asked for anything. These were moms who had nothing but their gorgeous babies and their pride. I will tell you that I did give them money, food and each little one got a tiny baby doll, sent to Ethiopia with me by my friend Silvia. Each time, I got a big smile and a thank you. When I asked if I could take their pictures, they agreed and gushed over looking at it on my digital camera. I wish I would have printed them out for them before I left.

No comments: