Friday, November 20, 2009

Planting at Big AHOPE



One day, when we were shopping, Carly said that she'd like to plant some things at Big A.. so we found a little outdoor nursery and she bought a bunch of plants, including some vegetables and herbs. Then we went to Big A to plant them. They were a hit. Several of the boys brought out a shovel and hoe and then the girls wanted us to let them plant some in the "garden" under their window. One of the girls, K asked me if they could have more vegetables for the girl's garden. She even wrote down the words in Amharic for me.
My last week I got my driver to find me a seed store and bought seeds for carrots, tomato, basil, radiches, gomen, and cabbage. My last night, I stopped by after going to the CDC, and went into the girls' bedroom and gave them their seeds. They were truly excited and appreciative. I really hope something grew!!!

The pictures are of flowers at Big A and Marissa planting some of our plants.

No comments: