Monday, January 5, 2009

Stocking full of fun!




Although these photos do not do it justice, this is the largest stocking I've ever had. My mom entered at contest at her bank in Plainfield and came home from New Orleans to a message that she won!! It is full of games and toys that I am going to bring to my school. I plan to use them for good behavior raffles, birthday gifts etc. My mom thinks it was a fix since she told her banker how I worked with low income kids who sure would be excited by this stocking, but either way-- Yea Plainfield bank and mom!! We are excited for all the loot!

2 comments:

Nikki said...

Thanks for the comments! I actually found a speech therapist in Hamilton for FREE (!) however, the parents need to refer the child and there is a wait list, so it may take a while until he can get seen.

As for vaccinations, I am going to get them next week. I know yellow fever for sure, but am not sure what else I will need.

Nikki said...

So I wnet to get vaccinations today. I got yellow fever, meningitis, and typhoid. He told me that most people get meningitis as kids, but this is a different strand. I would have needed Hep A and Hep B, but I already had those. He also recommended malaria pills, which I am not going to take, and another prescription for traveller's diarrhea, which I am also not going to take. Hope that helps!