Thursday, January 1, 2009

Wishes for 2009!!





Family and Friends,

As we begin a new year-- I hope everyone will take a moment and think about what they can do this year to make their world a little bit better.

*Can you remember to bring your reusable bags to the grocery store and Target?
*Collect pennies so that we can make a big donation to Ethiopia Reads when I visit their children's library in Addis this summer?
*Donate books to kids who don't have books to read at home?
*Support a cause like Darfur or AHOPE or the Humane Society?
*Volunteer for Habitat for Humanity in NOLA or another area touched by hurricanes?
*Teach your kids to think of others-- I have this great workbook for kids on giving back that my friend Steph found for us at school, I can give you a copy!!

I want to thank everyone who has helped me so far in my fundraising for my trip to AHOPE this June. I am about 40% of the way towards my goal!!! Only 5 months to go!

Love, Tiff

PS. If you read this blog, can you please add yourself as a follower and make a comment(thanks Aunty Moiree), will just make me feel less weird writing!

1 comment:

ppark2123 said...

Keep up the awsome work!