Saturday, May 8, 2010

Happy 1st Birthday Charlie!!

CHARLIE AND HIS SILVER SPEEDSTER FROM THE LAND OF NOD
CHARLIE DESPERATELY TRYING TO GET AWAY!!

Tuesday was my godson Charlie's first birthday. He is Juliet's brother who has made the blog several times as she is almost four and has a "big" personality. I was pushing her on the swing on Tuesday and she asked me if I would come to her wedding. Uh sure... it's not any time soon is it?? Then she proceeded to ask if I was at her mother's wedding... yes, I was, I stood up next to her and wore that dress with the brown bow.. there are pictures. Sigh, well, I wasn't there!! Yes, you were not born yet. But yes, both your mother and I will be at your wedding. Good. Are you kidding me?? Well, at least she's better prepared than I.. perhaps, she will be married before 40.

Anyway back to Charlie.. both sets of grandparents were there(one set lives in Conn), our friend Shandell and obviously his parents and Juliet. I stopped and picked up a cake from Sweet Mandy B's in the city on my way.. yellow cake, fresh strawberries and buttercream in the layers(3 layers) and vanilla buttercream frosting. I love this cake!!

Charlie opened his gifts, I got him a riding toy from the Land of Nod-- which I had difficulty putting together(user friendly directions, my a$$)-- Jim's stepdad had to put the steering wheel on for me and Jim needed to tighten all the bolts the next day. It was an awfully cute toy though and he seemed to like it!! Maybe it will help with exercise, he is a very big boy!!

Well, a very happy 1st to you Charlie!!

1 comment:

Wendy said...

LOL Thanks for attending Charlie's big day! He is walking quite a bit and enjoying his shiny automobile! And yeah it scares me that my almost four year old is already dreaming of her wedding day ALREADY!