Friday, June 12, 2009

I Made it!



Hi,
I'm here. Internet is horrid!!! I have not had power or water for a day and a half. The other volunteer Jen is great and the people have been very nice!!! The weather is warm, no rain for two more weeks. I am not sure how often I can post. I will try again in a couple of days. This is definitely an experience I shall never forget. But I'm doing fine, keep the emails coming, hopefully I will be able to read more of them soon!!
Love to everyone,
Tiff

I Made It... Part 2 (this was sent to me a few minutes later)

Okay, I'm going to try this again.... In case you are wondering, at the moment, I could see some of your emails and then nothing... so I am actually sending this to my friend Claire via Facebook of all programs.

I have been to both Little AHOPE and Big AHOPE and will begin officially teaching at Big AHOPE in about a week and also hopefully working at the community center next week. My flight was good and I was met at the airport by Jen(other volunteer), Abebe, social worker and the driver, it was super comforting to have a welcome wagon!!!

I am eating too much but enjoying the macchiatos!!! We even went with another foreigner to the Ethiopian Starbucks, aka Kaldi's last night.

I miss everyone and wish I could communicate easier.

1 comment:

Tom said...

Congratulations!...and Thank you. You are one of our world's everyday heroes.

Tom Starko
Executive Director
AHOPE for Children