Sunday, June 14, 2009

Weekend in Addis


Hi All,

Okay, so internet is on again at least temporarily and I was able to read all my emails, but still can't send from them. Wendy, I laughed out loud at yours, thanks needed that!!! Second full day of no water, power, I don't need, shower that would be nice plus I'm going to run out of clothes soon.

Jen and I had a busy week with the kids and trying to plan out our work schedule, everyone seems to have a different idea of what we should do. But this weekend, we got to get out and see some of Addis and that was interesting. We had a super tour of the National Museum and then visited the Lion's Zoo and that was super depressing!!!

We also visited the Hilton and looked into some weekend tours for upcoming weekends, perhaps to Harar and Awassa.

The guest house is nice, I have an inside room, yea Marianne for telling me to ask!! But the whole no water and not flushing the toilet sort of an issue. The food has been good, kind of not thinking I'll be any skinnier when I return. :) Nice bed, clean rooms, kitchen is a little sketchy but seeing as breakfast is made for us, I don't have to go in there.

Jen is the only other volunteer right now, but one more is coming next weekend.

I'll try to write more in a couple of days, please keep emailing, love reading them!!!

3 comments:

Nikki said...

Glad you made it safely. Are the sisters Kidist and Yordanos still there? They were my favourites :) I was unable to send emails from hotmail also when I was in ET... I used my school account to send. Can't wait to hear about the kids!

Estefanía said...

Wow, what an adventure!! We are reading you. We hope you get water soon!! Muchos besos

Miss S said...

When there's no water, do NOT put toilet paper in the toilet. We learned that the very hard way last summer when we flooded the bathroom, hall, and part of the living room after the toilet got stopped up. It was ridiculous.

Also, if it gets really bad with the water, little AHOPE sometimes has barrels of it delivered and hooked up to their water system (such as it is). You might be able to get them to deliver one to the house or something. It's worth a shot if you get desperate!

Send me an email when you can and be sure to tell me which kids are still at little AHOPE, I am really curious who has been adopted :)

Hope you're having a blast!